For every specialized banquet table, folding table, and card table on the market, there's a miscellaneous table searching for a category to call its own. That's where specialty tables come in. Whether you're searching for a seminar table, breakroom table, computer table, or activity table, there's one out there just waiting for you to bring it home. Before you buy, here are a few tips to keep in mind when deciding which specialty table is the best fit for you.
1. The human body isn't designed to sit at a computer table for long periods of time, but it's sometimes a necessity. It's important to choose a computer table that's the right height for you so you'll be sitting comfortably and with proper posture. Your computer table should let you keep your elbows bent at about 90 degrees, your thighs parallel to the floor, and your feet flat on the ground.
2. It's important to take the components on top of your computer desk into account as well. The desk of your computer table should put your keyboard right around elbow height. Also keep in mind that the top of your screen should be at or slightly below eye level.
3. If you're worried about sitting in one place for too long at your computer table, consider investing in a stand-up or adjustable-height computer desk. Stand-up computer desks can help strengthen leg muscles, increase blood flow, and burn more calories.
4. With the right computer table, there's no need for components and supplies to sit on the floor. Choose a computer table with plenty of space for your equipment. If you're working with just a laptop, a more basic computer table will provide plenty of space. If you're working at a desktop computer, remember you'll need room to house a CPU, monitor, keyboard, modem, and possibly a printer. Make sure to choose accordingly.
5. If you're not staying in one place, neither should your computer table. If you need your computer table to move with you, look into rolling computer carts and tables. These will allow you to move around your space with ease.
6. The break room is supposed to be fun - a place to relax and unwind away from the stress of your desk. Choose a comfortable breakroom table people can relax around with a surface that's easy to clean after company gatherings.
7. Decide what shape specialty table makes the most sense for your space. Round breakroom tables can help an open space seem more inviting, while a selection of square breakroom tables can be pushed flush to the wall to save space.
8. From scrapbooking to woodworking, there's no limit to the number of projects that can be completed at the proper activity table. Focus on finding an activity table with enough room to spread out and complete your project. Know how much space you'll need, and choose from a variety of shapes including kidney-shaped, round, octagonal, and rectangular.
"I bought today because the tables and carts are very difficult to find in my area. Your selection was great as are your prices. I made the decision to purchase with you vs. local because you didn't charge me shipping - this was a great benefit. Thank you and best of luck with your business."
-Mr. E.B., Laramie, WY